The Search Committee is hard at work finding the one who is called to be the new rector at St. John’s. Their tasks and estimated timeline is below:
- Team Building
- Process Clarification
- Confidentiality Discussion
- Committee Roles Assigned
- Finalize Communication Plan to Parish
Goal: March 2017
- Names Received
- Finalize Confidentiality protocol for Candidates
- Review Initial Candidate Information
- Finalize & Implement Plan for Communication with Candidates
Goal: Mid April 2017
Cluster 3 & Cluster 4
- Develop Phone Interview Questions
- Determine details of Telephone Interviews
- Complete Phone Interviews
Goal: End of April 2017
- Schedule Face to Face Meetings
- Complete Visits & Evaluations
Goal: May 2017
- Invitations to candidates for visits
- Schedule & Prepare for Candidate Visits
Goal: June 2017
- Complete Visits
- Final Discernment
- Present Final Candidate to Vestry
Goal: Summer 2017
The Search is a spiritual journey for all of the St. John congregation. Together we will listen, learn, reflect and pray as we discern who to call as our next rector.
The Vestry oversees the search process, appoints committees, prepares a search budget, and makes the final decisions.
The Profile Committee prepared the Profile which tells the story of St. John then, now, and in the imagined future. The Profile guides the Search Committee in its choice of candidates.
The Search Committee reviews applications to identify those who best match the Profile’s description. After careful consideration, the Search Committee interviews final candidates and recommends one candidate to the Vestry. The Vestry interviews the candidate and then either rejects or accepts the Search Committee’s recommendation.
The Search Committee includes Sally Bjerklie, Cathy Davis, Steve Kenagy, Jenn Pontius, Tom Schelflhout, and Dawn Wheatley. John First will represent the Profile Committee on the Search Committee.